The services and tools available through the ACP support efforts related to better understanding Essential Climate Variables (ECVs).
Satellite observations provide information on many of the atmospheric composition ECVs.
ACP brings together data and tools from organizations that provide standards-based access to, and usage of, those ECVs.
The current version of ACP has been focused on
- ozone (O3)
- ozone precursors [nitrogen dioxide (NO2), carbon monoxide (CO)]
The ACP framework and tools is designed to be extended for other ECVs, such as
- other ozone precursors [Formaldehyde (HCHO)]
- aerosol related properties (aerosol index, aerosol optical depth)
- aerosol related precursors [sulfur dioxide (SO2)]
- carbon dioxide (CO2)
- methane (CH4)
- other long-lived greenhouse gases